June 18, 2019
One of the ways to strengthen your writing voice is to pull from your own life experience. Shelly, Mandra and Debby will share excerpts of their own writing where they used life experiences to enhance the honesty of their writing, develop characters that feel more real than made-up, and how being more specific reveals more of the Universal themes that connect us all.
May you be inspired, feel empowered, and B. Well.
All this and more on this week’s episode of The Writer’s Block Podcast recorded at the Studio 21 Podcast Café and hosted on the United Podcast Network.
May 22, 2018
Whether you are writing fiction, Non-Fiction, a memoir, or are just into creative writing this is the podcast for you. This podcast is more than just about how to write as we cover the why’s, when’s, and where’s of writing. This week Shelly Devlin, Deborah Monk, and Mandra Biscornet interview Stephanie Queen about her work as an author of 29 novels and how she accomplished them in only 7 years. A self-proclaimed procrastinator, she works best under pressure and sets deadlines for herself by setting pre-orders on Amazon 90 days out. This is one great way to help an author push through “the wall” many hit during their writing process especially if you find your self putting your writing off. Other things discussed in this episode are:
- Climax and resolution
- Preparation for writing
- Studying the market for your Memoir prior to its release
- Read some of the top books in your genre
- Look for incites in your market
- Find something that appeals to you and stay true to yourself
- You are looking for the intersection of the market you are writing in and your own passion
- Getting found in a virtual world with infinite shelf space when nothing goes out of print when it was never printed to begin with
- What an undiscovered author should be pricing their e-book at to get the most market penetration and why.
For information about her and to find her on social media (@StephanieQueen) go to www.StephanieQueen.com All this and more on this week’s episode of The Writer’s Block Podcast recorded at the Studio 21 Podcast Café and hosted on the United Podcast Network.