Barbara Wallace award winning author of romance and mystery will continue her discussion of the most common writing mistakes. Debby and Shelly will explore the benefit of showing rather than telling, which include how to emotionally connect your readers with your characters.
- It’s a weakness many authors have
- Telling is just giving the information
- Showing is demonstrating the narrative through the Human experience often through the
- Use all the senses
- Who is noticing what and why?
- Lay off the “ly” words
- Small details rather than the big picture
- Powerful verbs and adjectives
- Be specific to the character
- Dialogue vs simple narrative
May you be inspired, feel empowered, and B. Well.
All this and more on this week’s episode of The Writer’s Block Podcast recorded at the Studio 21 Podcast Café and hosted on the United Podcast Network.